lunes, 11 de junio de 2012

From my painting class...

This is the final painting I had to do for this class, our prompt was to choose a black and white photo and then to find a Renaissance painter in which our painting would be based off of in terms of composition and color. He also wanted us to make a connection between photo and painting but since he had me change my reference painting I didn't do it... hHahhaah...
I wanted to do something I would enjoy so I chose owls. We used a new painting technique for this painting, called glazing. It was interesting to work with glazing!!! It was slow but I liked the results. 

close-up of an owl.. You can still see the grid from underneath... It occurred to me only after I finished the underpainting that maybe I should have painted in the gessoed areas with more white to at least cover up the grid... But only after I do things do I come up with solutions... 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario